There are many ways you can use our services - to share information, to communicate with other people, or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example, by creating an account, we can make those services even better. This will help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we are using information and how you can protect your privacy.
• what information is collected and why we collect it;
• how we use that information;
• the choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We have tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you're not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us, whether you are new to Truth Corporation or a long-time user. Please do take the time to get to know our practices - and if you have any questions, contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all our users, from figuring out necessary information like which language you speak to more complex things like what content of ours matters most to you.
We collect information in two ways:
• information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Truth Corporation account. When you do, we will ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. We may present your name, email address or image to other people associated with your account to assist in sharing or recommendations;
• information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services you use and how you use them. Like when you visit a website that uses our services, or when you view and interact with our content. This information includes:
o device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information, including phone number). Truth Corporation may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Truth Corporation Account;
• log information. When you use our services or view content provided by Truth Corporation, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
o details of how you used our service, such as your search queries;
o telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls;
o internet protocol address;
o device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
• cookies that uniquely identify your browser or your Truth Corporation Account.
• location information. When you use a location-enabled Truth Corporation service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine your location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
• unique application numbers. Specific services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, your operating system and application version number) may be sent to Truth Corporation when you install or uninstall that service. Information about your installation may also be received when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
• local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new services, and to protect Truth Corporation and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
We may use the name you provide for your Truth Corporation Profile across all the services we offer that require a Truth Corporation Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Truth Corporation Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email or additional information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Truth Corporation Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact Truth Corporation, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
We may combine information from one service, including personal information, into other Truth Corporation services - for example, to make it easier to share things with people you know.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used and control who you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, you may not be able to utilise other services.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject unreasonably repetitive requests or requests that require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice). We will also reject requests that risk the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. After you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems to maintain this protection.
Should you wish to opt-out of our data collection and have your personally identifiable information removed, then email us at email@example.com
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of Truth Corporation unless one of the following circumstances apply:
• with your consent we will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Truth Corporation when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
• with account administrators. If your Truth Corporation Account is managed for you by an organisation administrator, then your organisation's administrator, and resellers who provide user support to your organisation, will have access to your information (including your email and other data). Your account administrator may be able to:
o view statistics regarding your account;
o change your account password;
o suspend or terminate your account access;
o access or retain information stored as part of your account;
o receive your account information to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
• for legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Truth Corporation only if we believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary to:
o meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
o enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
o detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
o protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Truth Corporation, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners - like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. This could also include government bodies, industry groups, insurers and educational/training facilities.
We work hard to protect Truth Corporation and our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• we encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS);
• we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems;
• we restrict access to personal information to Truth Corporation employees, contractors and agents who require that information to process it for us. All said parties are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.